Thursday 5 June 2008

What can you do with a $100 laptop?

Well quite a lot it seems. If you're interested in those little green and white $100 laptops that have been making the news for so long, but still haven't got your hands on one and are wondering if it's worth the while, well this is the site for you.The Sugar Labs wiki tells you all about the Sugar operating system (as used on the $100 laptop), the kinds of software that have been developed to run on it and the kinds of activities students can do on it.

There's some really nice stuff here and it does seem pretty impressive. Now if only I knew how I could actually buy one!!! Drop me a line if you know.

Best

Nik Peachey

2 comments:

Walter Bender said...

You can experience Sugar without the little green and white laptop (Please see http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Supported_systems).

Nik Peachey said...

Hi Walter

That sounds great, but when I had a look at the instructions and documentation on installing it on MAC OSX, I got a bit nervous. I might try it on windows and see if it's any easier. Have you got any tips on which is easiest?

Best

Nik